The major 2009 accomplishments made possible by your 2009 membership and/or contributions were:
(1) Artifact cataloging/database entry was the biggest effort accomplished with a total of 530 artifacts documented and digitally photographed. These are contained in 44 boxes plus flat-file drawers.
(2) The Auto Radio database has 495 descriptions with 346 pictures.
(3) The Home Radio/TV database lists 115 radios (101 with pictures) and 135 TVs (40 with pictures).
(4) To allow for the building’s commercial development per our use agreement, we moved our Archival Storage to a newly built room with improved layout in December 2008 and completed the move by late January 2009.
(5) Plans are being formulated for a major BRF exhibit in the BMI Communications Room and the Decker Gallery, which is the main BMI Exhibit Hall. These exhibits, when completed this year, will insure our permanent place at the BMI. These new exhibits will provide for expanded locations to present the history of Bendix in Baltimore.
BRF Archive Collection at the BMI
146 Print File Boxes
74 Published Periodical Series
79 Audio Visual File Boxes
100 Large Motion Picture Reels
44 Video Tapes
4,600 Drawing Originals
190,000 Drawing Number Release Cards
15,000 Engineer’s Log Book Number Issue Cards
20 Photo Albums 2.5” Thick
2,500 Pictures (Management & Emblem Club functions)
20,000 Employee Names/Personnel Data
60,000 Microfiche Cards
72,500 Aperture Cards
924 Manufacturing Specs
1,123 Purchasing Specs
Pictorial History of BRF Exhibits
3 Exhibits at the BMI
1 Exhibit at the Historical Electronics Museum